Hope Anglican Church, Leppington
In February 2022, Reitsma completed the church facilities at Hope Anglican Church, Leppington. Designed by NBRS Architecture, project management by Midson Management for the Sydney Anglican Church Property Trust. The project included the construction of a new auditorium, meeting rooms, amenities, commercial kitchen and alterations to the existing buildings. Reitsma also undertook a large external works package including an on site carpark, a basketball court, large terrace space and a shaded playground area.
The overall result is fantastic with a number of feature elements throughout, including:
– Large exposed structural laminated timber beams combined within a structural steel frame.
– Intricate internal detailing, linings, joinery , acoustic ceiling and wall panels throughout.
– Large structural glazed skylight panels
– Large open plan foyer area, complete with glazed bifold doors and polished concrete floor throughout
– Various combinations of timber, fibre cement and architectural corten steel cladding