St Francis Xavier College – Toilet Refurbishment, Hamilton NSW
- Demolition of existing toilet block
- Construction of new male, female and disabled toilet block
- Construction was carried out in the undercroft of an existing two-storey building with active classrooms above
- Access to the site included the demolition of brick walls at the site boundary, temporary access routes through the school, and re-construction / making good at completion
- High level of finishes, including solid surface “CORIAN” benchtops, solid timber and stainless steel bench seats and large format wall tiles to full height.
- Challenges include discovery (during demolition) of four (4) layers of existing concrete slabs beneath work area, which involved excavation / removal, and important of replacement compacted fill